If you are like most homeowners in El Paso you don’t think about the parts of a refrigerator until it shuts down, or it is time to buy a new model. In order to get the most from this important appliance it can be extremely nice to understand how it keeps food and drinks cold—and Frontier Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to find out everything you will want to understand concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is time to connect with a refrigerator repairman.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a standard appliance for several years now. A refrigerator will store food and drinks at the right temperature, to eliminate spoiling and slow down the growth of harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by distributing the warmth from inside of the appliance to the outside, using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Frontier Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it’s responsible for the circulation of refrigerant in the system.
The compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. You should call a professional service if the compressor stops working.
A refrigerator condenser is found on the back exterior wall of the refrigerator and will help to emit the warmth absorbed from inside the refrigerator then out in the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is housed in the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs heat contained within it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
Once an evaporator stops working, it’s time to find a professional. Do not wait until it’s too late.
Liquid coolant is carried through a capillary tube that serves as an expansion device as it cools the gas, turning the gas back into a liquid.
The thermostat helps regulate the temperature throughout the refrigerator, starting the cooling period when it is necessary.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in CITY for service right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator is above the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to begin, and the next cool down starts. The unit collects the cold liquid refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The compressor unit directs the heated gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the outside of the refrigerator, where it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the room and transforms back to a liquid state.
3. The cool refrigerant continues on its journey to the refrigerator evaporator component, pushing through the coils on the interior of the appliance and top freezer section.
4. The coolant then absorbs the heated air from within the refrigerator, lowering the temperature until it has reached the desired final point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and turns back into a gas form, and returns to the compressor unit in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is found in several applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from one area and then moving it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a home, creates a optimal space for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need service? You can schedule an appointment with Frontier Appliance Repair.
Frontier Appliance Repair is able to service almost all popular brands of refrigerators – including commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our technicians in CITY undergo training to troubleshoot and repair cooling problems, broken ice makers, problems with condensation, puddles and leaks, lighting, touch panels, smart functionality and countless other problems. We everything about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2023  Frontier Appliance Repair